TORONTO, Canada, July 30, 2013 — Gibraltar & Company, Inc. (“Gibraltar”), a Toronto-based technology investment management firm, announced today that it closed its initial seed round from a group of eight Canadian executives. With the goal of creating a networked, high performance venture capital firm, Gibraltar invests and mentors companies that provide disruptive technology solutions for consumers and small to medium-sized businesses.
“We are delighted to welcome such a talented team of partners,” added Cam di Prata, Founder, Chairman & CEO of Gibraltar. “Having been friends for years, we all came together around a shared vision of backing brilliant Canadian entrepreneurs and the desire of imparting our considerable years of expertise and relationships for the benefit of portfolio companies.” Gibraltar’s seed investors include:
- Cam di Prata – Founder, CEO & Chairman, Gibraltar;
- Jordan Banks – Head of Global Vertical Strategy and Managing Director of Canada, Facebook;
- Charles Brindamour – President & CEO, Intact Financial Corporation;
- Luigi Fraquelli – Private Investor, Formerly Managing Director, BMO Capital Markets;
- Anthony Lacavera – Founder, Chairman & CEO, WIND Mobile;
- Joseph Mimran – President & CEO / Creative Director, JM&A / Joe Fresh™;
- Javier San-Juan – President of Latin American Hispanic Zone and Mexico, L’Oréal; and
- Som Seif – Founder & CEO, Purpose Investments.
In addition, to better serve its portfolio companies Gibraltar has assembled an Advisory Board. Composed of technology entrepreneurs, venture and mergers & acquisitions professionals, corporate CEOs and senior marketing executives, Gibraltar’s executive team and Advisory Board have world-class experience in strategy, deal structuring, investing and the consumer and small to medium-sized business verticals. With nearly half its Advisory Board as shareholders, Gibraltar prides itself on its strategic alignment with investors and the entrepreneurs that it backs.
Gibraltar’s vision is to proactively contribute to the emergence of the next cohort of great Canadian technology companies. Our business purpose is to make early to mid-stage portfolio companies stronger and more competitive by accelerating their speed-to-market. We do this by providing partner companies with strategic & business development expertise, access to our network of senior corporate decision-makers and expansion capital.
For more on Gibraltar visit www.gibraltarcompany.ca.
* * *